Monday 24 June 2013

Summer Lovin'

The most exciting part of the athletics calendar is undoubtedly the summer season and I've been lucky enough to have many thrilling events penned into my diary, ensuring a very busy and fun few months on the circuit -

Following my first working stints at the Olympics (reporting for LOCOG), European Indoors (flash-quote manager for the organisers) and World XC Champs (reporting for the IAAF) between last summer and the spring, it's a privilege to continue combining my passions for both the sport and journalism at a catalogue of events further into 2013 of which include:

- The Bupa Great Manchester CityGames and Run back in May,

- The Oslo Diamond League, the European Team Championships and the Birmingham Grand
Prix/Diamond League in June,

- The World Youth Championships and the London Anniversary Games in July.

Despite not seeing my family and friends as much as I'd like during the summer months, each year is always guaranteed to provide many happy memories and some opportunities that I'm honoured to receive, which I'm very grateful for and proud of.

In light of this hectic calendar, however, I must get cracking on booking a holiday for late-August/September...!

Happy reading x

No comments: