Sunday 26 May 2013

Post-race quotes from Tirunesh Dibaba and Haile Gebrselassie after the Bupa Great Manchester Run


Tirunesh Dibaba - women's Bupa Great Manchester Run 10km winner -

“It was a good run for me, it was a great race. I wanted to start slowly and also it was windy so I didn’t want to risk going too fast too soon.

“I’m pleased with the time and I didn’t expect to run this quickly. The crowd was very good - the British fans are always very supportive.

“Today gives me good morale to go for the World Record in the future. It will give me a good boost for the World Championships, I think my injuries are over.

“I will now do the 5,000m in Eugene next week. I’m still planning to do the London marathon next year but first, I will do the 10,000m in Moscow.” 

Haile Gebrselassie - men's Bupa Great Manchester Run third place –

“Today, the others did a very good job. I tried to push and assert a position but it wasn’t easy. It’s a wonderful race and maybe I will come back here again.

“It’s fantastic to come back with another (Masters World) record so why not go for some more! The time’s not super fast but it’s good and now I’ll think about possibly doing the marathon in Berlin.”

No comments: